Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: mouse in the skimmer basket

1. Back To Top    #1

mouse in the skimmer basket

Do I have to do anything extra if I find a mouse in my skimmer basket?
    Suzanne
    Our family fun time

2. Back To Top    #2

I pull animals out of my skimmer consitantly. I just shock the pool after getting rid of the animal.

I get birds, rabbit, snakes, you name it in my skimmer.
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

3. Back To Top    #3

mouse in skimmer

What do you mean "shock" the pool?
    Our family fun time

4. Back To Top    #4

Suzanne, your regular chlorine reserve should be sufficient to take care of anything Mickey may have done to your water, but if you want to add a couple cups of bleach to the skimmer (I'd do it before pulling out the basket and performing the funeral ) it's not a bad idea.
    'Shocking' is when you elevate the amount of free chlorine in the pool to the point it will kill whatever bio-nasty or algae is in the water - how much you need to add is dependent on the CYA level. This is a real quick answer, if you have any follow- up questions -- all you need do is ask 8)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)