Salt Level High.What to do??

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Just checked my water.Added last of the salt last night.Checked this afternoon,I'm getting 4180ppm.I over shot for 3200.Ok I got the hose running to top off the pool.I went ahead this morning and dump's some Bleach in it and added baking soda.My number's now are Chlorine FC 9.5 CC.5=TC10.I added bleach this morning not knowing how long it would take to get SWG up and going.PH 7.2 Alk=90.CYA=0.I just started adding Stabilizer this morning.Adding 8 pound's .Water look's good.Just didn't know if I should hold off on turning SWG on.Also that high of salt level will hurt anything.Like I said I have water hose on now to fill pool on up.Level now is half up the skimmer.I have been sucking water from bottom of pool since this morning to get circulated good.Thank You

check it once you have it filled, it will probably be down to 3800 or so, while a little high it should not hurt anything... What matters the most is that your SWG is happy with it, o once you turn it on you will know... :)

That's what I get for listening to the pool guy.I thought he was saying way to much salt to add.New SWG and first year using it.I haven't plug'd it in yet.So we just let it sit idle for right now.Thank's,
check it once you have it filled, it will probably be down to 3800 or so, while a little high it should not hurt anything... What matters the most is that your SWG is happy with it, o once you turn it on you will know... :)

The AquaTrol uses the T-5 cell. The high salt light is triggered by the amp reading, not the salt level. The amp reading is determined by the salt level and water temperature. If the water is below about 75 f, you will probably be ok. For the T-15, the amps for high salt are 8 amps. I don't know what the high amp reading is for the T-5.

As long as the high salt light does not come on, you're good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.