Just manually vacuumed pool (for the last time I hope)

kywildcats

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2015
Mayfield, KY
It's about 80 here today and beautiful. I just finished manually vacuuming the pool for the first and hopefully last time. Im hot, tired and frustrated by doing it that way. I have researched til my head hurts on the right Vinyl pool robot vacuum, and still undecided! My price range is about 700 bucks top! Who recommends what and why? Thanks!

It's an oldie but a goodie and still available.

I have had Hayward Navigators at two different homes / pools.

The vinyl version has cork shoes.

It's a suction side that plugs into a skimmer pipe...I have a hayward leaf canister just prior to that to catch everything so it doesn't go in my pump basket.

I think they cost about half your budget.

my 002 cents.

I've had a dolphin. It randomly died in year 3 and no means to fix it other than finding a service and cost to repair was going to be $300+. (2.5 stars on amazon)

Switched to kreepy Krauly and 3/5 of my pool was very clean. Unless a small stick or leaf hits it the right way. Did this for the last 2 years.
Wish I could be of more help.
I am going to explore Borjis's suggestion !

it is a suction side cleaner, I have mine in the pool all the time, any time my pump runs it is cleaning :) It comes with parts to connect to your skimmer or a dedicated suction. I have mine on a dedicated line.

this is what my pool looked like after the winter slumber
GJ250Crh.jpg

And this is after 4 hours, you can see it cleaning away
IuTtzDXh.jpg

this is after 24 hours
AOSTTiGh.jpg

Robots are nice, they work really well, but you pay for that and then they don't last much over 3 years, some do but most do not.. But the people that have them would fight you tooth and nail if you tried to take them away...

I run my pump for the SWG and the poolcleaner is just along for the ride :) I usually do about 6 to 8 hours a day on low to chlorinate the pool..

Both will work, the nice thing about the robots is they "scrub" and the poolcleaner does not

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
it does a good job on low, not great... I have my suction side on a valve between it and the skimmer, I have to send 70 to 80% of the suction to the cleaner for him to work good... on high I can send it 50/50 and he works great :)

I bought a Dolphin Nautilus about 3 months ago and I absolutely love it. Just throw it and plug it in. And the best part is you can get one in your price range. Like you, I only run my pump a few hours a day so this works independently and I didn't want to add another pump

Robots are nice, they work really well, but you pay for that and then they don't last much over 3 years, some do but most do not..
My Aquavac TigerShark robot will be staring its 11th year next month.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.