Dec 31, 2013
Burleson, TX
I am in desperate need of help as we have a pool party in an hour.

the end of the pool cleaner got stuck in the flap to the trap. I pulled it out but after I did I noticed air was getting into the filter basket. I searched and saw that the flap on the filter was hitting from the wrong direction. I must have somehow flipped it past the tab that keeps it opening and shutting on the filter basket, and now the flaps down and up towards the basket (instead of into the basket when water flows in.) I have no idea how this happened when I pulled out the tail of the polaris, as it's pretty stiff and there is no way I'm getting it back the other direction without taking it apart.

Does this all make sense? How do I get the flap back on the right side of the inflow basket tab? (So it flows in when water goes into the trap, instead of trapping the water trying to get into the trap.

I think you are saying you pulled the weir out so it's on the pool side of the skimmer rather than inside the skimmer. If that's correct, often you can pop the weir loose at the bottom where it pivots by wedging a screwdriver between the skimmer body and the weir, then put the weir inside and pop the large pins back in place.

Hard to know for sure without seeing your skimmer. Got a picture?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.