Circupool Si-45

Poolk

Apr 22, 2015
Memphis
I am having a new pool installed and purchased the Si-45 system. The pool contractor installed the system last week. The water temp here is not warm enough to generate salt yet so the cell was not installed, just a pipe in it's place. The panel powers on and interestingly, has a salinity reading of 3200 although no salt has been added to the new pool. Check the salinity with a test strip and it is next to nothing. I thought that maybe the cell had to be installed to get a correct reading to I put it on for about 15 minutes with no change in the salinity reading. I called tech support where I bought the system and the tech did not seem to have an answer for it but was quick to tell me that there was not a problem with the panel. He then said that the 3200 was an average salinity reading which did not make sense because not salt has been added to pool. When I reminded him of that, he simply told me that I did not understand. He said I should just add salt to the pool. Has anyone else had this experience with a new unit? And by the way, I do know which reading the "salinity" level is. The tech also insinuated that I did not. Do not know what else would be reading "3200."

You need to have the cell installed in order for it to read the salinity.

Hi Ping,

I did install the cell for a brief period but perhaps it needs to be on there for a few hours. Guess I will wait until the weather warms up, add salt, and give it another shot. I was a bit irritated at the tech guy. This is not my first SWG. There is only one reading on the display that could be the salinity level. I think that he assumed that I was a dumb girl. I may just call back an talk to the fellow in sales. He seemed pretty knowledgeable when I bought the unit and was quite nice.

if your temp is above 60 you should be good, i started mine today and my pool is at 70.. I have the SJ so no reading on the unit just "above 3000ppm" :) That is one reason I really like the SJ series, just a power button and if happy it works :)

if your temp is above 60 you should be good, i started mine today and my pool is at 70.. I have the SJ so no reading on the unit just "above 3000ppm" :) That is one reason I really like the SJ series, just a power button and if happy it works :)

Okay. I installed the cell and let it run for a good while. The reading of 3200 was indeed an average. My next question has to do with the voltage. It reads 30.8 but it is not generating salt. According to the manual, when not generating salt the reading should be 16 - 25v. Should I be concerned about that?

Is your pool ready to have salt added? If so, turn off the SWG and add the salt to get 3000-3500 ppm. After the salt has mixed in for 24 hours turn the SWG on.

I'm not going to search the manual, but if it is like the Hayward units, the voltage will measure high like you are getting and drop to the correct range when the unit is producing chlorine from the salt.

Is your pool ready to have salt added? If so, turn off the SWG and add the salt to get 3000-3500 ppm. After the salt has mixed in for 24 hours turn the SWG on.

I'm not going to search the manual, but if it is like the Hayward units, the voltage will measure high like you are getting and drop to the correct range when the unit is producing chlorine from the salt.

Thanks Ping. Nothing in the manual about voltage. Salt should go in the next week or so. Will recheck it then.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.