24 summer escape leak

Mar 15, 2016
ga
Hello everyone and thanks for letting me in! I was given this pool by my sister along with salt filter, still has a lot of use left but after setup and starting fill up I have a leak there is only a ft of water so So I'm guessing my leak is on the bottom, tried the dye but nothing! If completely drain and get it real dry anything I can coat the whole bottom with? Thanks

Hi, I don't know of anything you can coat the whole bottom with. Is this an intex pool? If you let it dry real good maybe put a layer of card board under it and just add a little water, then you might find where to patch it.

Every year that I have taken down and properly stored my Intex pools, they have had multiple leaks around the bottom near the edge of the walls. This year I left my new Intex up over the winter and it has no leaks. In the past I set up the pool and filled it with about 1" of water. Then go around the pool looking for wet spots. The pool is on a tarp so you can easily see wet spots. With only a little water in the pool you can fold over the bottom of the pool and press on it to see where the pin hole is located and then circle it with a sharpie. I also use towels to dry up wet areas and look for leaks. I then patch them from the bottom. Two years ago, my one year old pool had about 40 leaks. I was losing my mind, that is why I will not take down a pool again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.