Swine Flu can't stop us at TFP

rogerbrks

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2007
Round Rock, TX
The family was really looking forward to a trip to Cozumel. Porky Pig got the flu and decided to give to a multitude of others so Mexico is out this year. I really wanted to get away especialy with all the rain recently in the ATX. Got home today, after the sun came out, and went into the backyard...I realize that I didn't need to go anywhere. Just need to take a very looonnng weekend. :lol:

Attachments

• Daily Get Away.jpg
    Daily Get Away.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 579
With all of the wonderful Oasis on this site we all have our own private get away. If you think about it, we can travel to any Caribbean paradise. It all depends on what music we play in the back ground. Soca, reggae, calypso, Jimmy B...IT'S ALL GOOD!!!

Those are Oleanders. I also have Bougainvilleas and Hibiscus.

rogerbrks said:
With all of the wonderful Oasis on this site we all have our own private get away. If you think about it, we can travel to any Caribbean paradise. It all depends on what music we play in the back ground. Soca, reggae, calypso, Jimmy B...IT'S ALL GOOD!!!

Those are Oleanders. I also have Bougainvilleas and Hibiscus.

You're SO right!! We're staying here this year in our little slice of heaven back-yard paradise, too. :goodjob: Sheesh...so glad I didn't have a trip to Playa planned this year :roll: . We were down there last May and love it, so we're doing the "resort" thing at our pool. Hmmm....how can I convince DH to bring me cold towels, tropical drinks and frozen grapes while I lollygag all summer? :whip:

Roger, your back yard is GORGEOUS!! I have bougies and hibiscus to plant and just got a couple white birds of paradise for pots....oleanders on the side of the house are HUGE right now. I have to get my music thang geared up next.

With a back yard and pool like that, who needs Mexico?! I know I sure wouldn't! I vacation in the back yard all the time! 8)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yep..I knew we were from the same general stomping ground L City is growing by leaps and bounds. Have you been down here lately? The traffic...ugh.

It's been a while. There was major construction at 45 Bay Area Blvd. There always seems to be traffic jam infront of the mall each time I go visit. No matter what.

BTW. I love the White Birds of Paradise. I've never heard of them. Did you get them at the Nursery on 45 that has the tall palm trees?

roger, you should have seen the mess when they tore down the NASA-1 overpass over 45...but I have to say, the construction company re-did it ahead of time (it goes under the freeway now). Still lots of construction on 45. Never ending!

And I got 2 White Birds of Paradise at Houston Garden Center last weekend...they have one south of me before you get to 646. I'm putting them in pots. They look so tropical, kinda like bananas. Ahhh....the Caribbean in the back yard! I have my work cut out for me planting tons of stuff this weekend... :shock:

I do remember the construction on NASA Rd 1.

I feel your pain on the planting. I'm still working the lactic acid out of my body from last weekend. Hopefully the weather will allow you to plant and be hot enough so that you can reward yourself with a cold beer and splash in the pool to cool off. Please take pictures of the landscaping.

We planted some things today...arrghhhh...digging HOLES!! I'll put up some pics in a few weeks when things look good! We're doing our own landscaping...so it's slower, but it's "me"..ya know? :wink: *breaks out in off-key rendition of "I Gotta Be Me"...* :mrgreen: Shuffling off to the shower...THEN beer!! The mosquitos are killin' me right now....gotta wash off the "Off".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.