Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Swine Flu can't stop us at TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

Swine Flu can't stop us at TFP

The family was really looking forward to a trip to Cozumel. Porky Pig got the flu and decided to give to a multitude of others so Mexico is out this year. I really wanted to get away especialy with all the rain recently in the ATX. Got home today, after the sun came out, and went into the backyard...I realize that I didn't need to go anywhere. Just need to take a very looonnng weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Swine Flu can't stop us at TFP

Very nice! Your own private getaway! What are the red flowers in the back?
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

3. Back To Top    #3

With all of the wonderful Oasis on this site we all have our own private get away. If you think about it, we can travel to any Caribbean paradise. It all depends on what music we play in the back ground. Soca, reggae, calypso, Jimmy B...IT'S ALL GOOD!!!

Those are Oleanders. I also have Bougainvilleas and Hibiscus.
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

4. Back To Top    #4

Your oasis is beautiful.

.............Mexi-who?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd never leave home!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6

wow, that is amazing...no travel needed!!!

have a great time!!!

chris
    30-40yr old prehistoric IG gunite 20 X 40 approx 30000gals
    now with new cool blue Diamond Brite and blue waterline tile (looking good for 40yr old pool)
    new Hayward 244T sand filter, 3/4 Hayward pump, Jandy heat pump
    pool skim (love it)

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbrks
    With all of the wonderful Oasis on this site we all have our own private get away. If you think about it, we can travel to any Caribbean paradise. It all depends on what music we play in the back ground. Soca, reggae, calypso, Jimmy B...IT'S ALL GOOD!!!

Those are Oleanders. I also have Bougainvilleas and Hibiscus.
    You're SO right!! We're staying here this year in our little slice of heaven back-yard paradise, too. Sheesh...so glad I didn't have a trip to Playa planned this year . We were down there last May and love it, so we're doing the "resort" thing at our pool. Hmmm....how can I convince DH to bring me cold towels, tropical drinks and frozen grapes while I lollygag all summer?

Roger, your back yard is GORGEOUS!! I have bougies and hibiscus to plant and just got a couple white birds of paradise for pots....oleanders on the side of the house are HUGE right now. I have to get my music thang geared up next.
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build

8. Back To Top    #8

Pisces I notice you're in League City. I may have shared this with you before. I was born and raised in Texas City. Went to La Marque High. I have cousin that lives on Brittany Bay Blvd and another one in Dickinson.

9. Back To Top    #9

Yep..I knew we were from the same general stomping ground L City is growing by leaps and bounds. Have you been down here lately? The traffic...ugh.
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build

10. Back To Top    #10

With a back yard and pool like that, who needs Mexico?! I know I sure wouldn't! I vacation in the back yard all the time! 8)
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

Yep..I knew we were from the same general stomping ground L City is growing by leaps and bounds. Have you been down here lately? The traffic...ugh.
    It's been a while. There was major construction at 45 Bay Area Blvd. There always seems to be traffic jam infront of the mall each time I go visit. No matter what.

BTW. I love the White Birds of Paradise. I've never heard of them. Did you get them at the Nursery on 45 that has the tall palm trees?

12. Back To Top    #12

roger, you should have seen the mess when they tore down the NASA-1 overpass over 45...but I have to say, the construction company re-did it ahead of time (it goes under the freeway now). Still lots of construction on 45. Never ending!

And I got 2 White Birds of Paradise at Houston Garden Center last weekend...they have one south of me before you get to 646. I'm putting them in pots. They look so tropical, kinda like bananas. Ahhh....the Caribbean in the back yard! I have my work cut out for me planting tons of stuff this weekend...

Pisces Pool Build

13. Back To Top    #13

I do remember the construction on NASA Rd 1.

I feel your pain on the planting. I'm still working the lactic acid out of my body from last weekend. Hopefully the weather will allow you to plant and be hot enough so that you can reward yourself with a cold beer and splash in the pool to cool off. Please take pictures of the landscaping.

14. Back To Top    #14

We planted some things today...arrghhhh...digging HOLES!! I'll put up some pics in a few weeks when things look good! We're doing our own landscaping...so it's slower, but it's "me"..ya know? *breaks out in off-key rendition of "I Gotta Be Me"...* Shuffling off to the shower...THEN beer!! The mosquitos are killin' me right now....gotta wash off the "Off".

Pisces Pool Build