New pool build in McKinney,Texas

Feb 13, 2016
McKinney/tx
Hello all,
I have been using the site for quite some time to gather information and design ideas so I thought I'd post of design plan and document our process as I'd love opinions on the best options and design ideas. We have a really small yard so we are going with a 18"x 24'10" pool as it is the largest that will fit in our yard. We went back and forth or whether or not to add a spa as with such a small yard it eats away space but in looking at other threads most recommended it and it would be great for my hubby and I to use away from the kids. The back wall of the pool will be weeping rocks with a waterfall grotto with bench underneath in the far corner. We have decided on 3.5-5 feet for the depth. We would have liked to a have small 6 foot depth level near the grotto but in such a small pool we were told that that would make most of the pool 4.5 feet or higher and we have a 5,10 and short 14 year old and we want most of the space to be walkable to them. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Our dig date is on Thursday! I am so excited and nervous!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 371
THANKS! I LOVE helping build pools and spending other people's money! It is fun to watch as it happens.

:( I tried to read your General Specs but even with my readers on I could not read it. Can you type out the majors points as in size and models please OR take a close up picture and share it that way using photo bucket or such.

I love the design above-------great use of space. We would love to see where it is going to give us a good idea what you are dealing with. You can even "draw" the pool out using a bright rope or flour so you can see just how it looks in real life!

Kim

The highlighted supporter link on the web page will net you more storage space. Also, many use Photobucket or similar to link to images.

KD, for your pics question ...... Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Final Plan
5_5_depth_zpswnwiqotx.jpg

Final 3D image except we widened the rock waterfall on the spa a bit
raised_spa_zpss8dm0fz5.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.