Best "Upgrade/Modification" of AGP

Jan 11, 2011
Kansas City, MO
With spring coming I was wondering what the best upgrade/modification people have done to their AGP after the initial install. Of the top of my head I'm looking for ideas to make cleaning easier, maintenance time less, swimming experience better, ambiance improvements, etc. Thanks in advance!

Depends on the type of AGP that was purchased. In general, here are some common ones (although some may not apply to you):
- Larger/better filtration
- SWG
- More outlet/return jets for improved circulation
- In-wall skimmer
- Fountain/sprayer for fun and aeration
- Rigid PVC plumbing (w/ more valves) to replace the original flex tubing

Those are some that came to mind. :)

On my list for this year is:

- Ran electrical and added a Intermatic PE1535ME to automate running the pump, stenner, and pool light!
- Hard plumbing
- Adding in a hard plumbed fountain
- Adding a Stenner pump to automate chlorine

I am pretty excited about this year! This will be my first complete summer and cannot wait to open the pool.

I agree with Kim, Wanda is the best. The kids love her.

A Few things I have done:
lighting, I found some solar rope lights on Amazon.
SWCG
Poured a concrete pad and hard plumbed
BT speakers/sound system
I would like to do some solar heating this year, added a valve and made a fountain
Someone on here made a Laminar Flow nozzle with LED lights, it is awesome. I have been thinking about making my own

Generally, hard plumbing provides better longevity, stability, and the ability to install additional valves to isolate certain areas or adjust water flow. The additional returns help to enhance circulation and the direction of water flow to the skimmer.

With hard plumbing, you dont have hose clamps leaking, dogs cant chew through the hose, easier to mow around, and if you use unions make it easier to winterize and swap/repair equpment. However, depending on the setup, it can make it easier for children to climb into the pool. I keep our pool covered alot with a solar cover, this year I want to make or buy a fountain or another type of aeration methood. I cant find the on listed in pool school http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/4862-How-long-to-aerate

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.