New Leisure pool with a concern

Mar 13, 2016
Raleigh NC
Hi all, new pool owner here. Pictures are attached.

I have a 40x16 Leisure Pinnacle pool which is in the ground. The installation went smoothly until they poured the concrete coping. As you can see (I hope) from the pictures, the right side of the pool is bowed in after the coping and concrete patio was poured. It is almost 3 inches in (when measured at corner and then at furthest inward point). Certainly this is a cosmetic issue that is very undesirable to us; since we wanted a rectangular pool. However, I am concerned about the short and/or long term effects of this on the shell.

Any words of advice are appreciated.

Thanks much and enjoying the forum as a resource!

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 332
  • image1 (1).jpg
    image1 (1).jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 330
Once our FB pool was installed, I was extremely picky, frustrated, (all of the above) about our pool ... to include being level. I can absolutely relate. In our case, the PB was quick to note before the work and during contract signing that the concrete sub-contractor was a "completely separate entity" form the pool install process itself. So I'm guessing they wanted no liability issues related to the concrete work on our install. Seems kind of wishy-washy, but I guess they have their reasons. Your Leisure Pools rep should be able to clarify that for you as well.

If it's any reassurance, your pool looks great. Most probably, no one would even notice that bow but you. As Kim says, see what the sales folks have to say about the look and warranty. Our FB pools can take quite a bit, so I wouldn't be surprised if they said that was still within standards. If they surprise us all with something like, "We can have them re-do it. It's up to you." .... that would be interesting. All the demo followed by new prep, concrete, and stonework. What a pain in the $$#! I've had those same thoughts before as well. We'll watch for more updates on your situation, and certainly hope everything works-out in your favor. It's an incredible investment we know, and you definitely want to be happy with it over the years.

I would certainly speak with your PB about this. The Pinnacle is a brand new and perfectly straight mold so I would certainly speak with your pool builder about this. Did your builder use sand or stone to backfill? Do you have any images of the pool prior to the concrete being poured when it was framed for concrete?

Todd. Pool backfill was stone. Builder believes when they put in concrete, they must have pressed in the wall as they were forming. He has no concern with the bowing and said Leisure would stand behind the install with a warranty statement.
I am considering leaving as is; the fix would be very intrusive and the color of the concrete where they take it out would be hard to match with the rest. Overall, the install looks good.
I will let you know when I receive the warranty statement from Leisure.

That's good. I'm sure it has been a frustrating time, but at least you will get something is writing. In the long run, just like many of us with pools, some of the things that get us all wound-up are almost unnoticeable by others. I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your investment for many swimming seasons to follow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.