Reliable SWG for 10k gal AG pool?

Mar 13, 2016
Smithsburg
We've had Intex all vinyl pools for years. Now we are getting an AG pool that doesn't need to be put in the shed every fall.:D My pool (MGK pools- Lamark) has resin parts for just about everything, except stainless steel hardware, steel walls and an aluminum bottom track. We are getting a Reliant cartridge filter (1 h.p.)and some kind of salt water system. What type of SWG is more durable? They can save a lot of time (I like that!), but are costly & don't seem to last long (don't like that!)

Thanks for the welcome to TFP. We are excited about the new pool & can hardly wait for warmer weather!

I used an Intex saltwater chlorine generator on an intex easy set (100% all vinyl) pool for years and was very happy with it. I'd probably go with another Intex SWG for my new pool, except for one thing. Intex says the appropriate flow rate for their larger SWG is 700 to 3000 gph. My new cartridge pump (one speed) is 6000 gph. I emailed Intex to see if their SWG would work, but I haven't heard back from them. I have no idea what problem a "too high" flow rate could cause. What do you think?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.