Filling gaps in pool deck and side of pool?

Oct 14, 2015
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I'm looking up some methods (specifically what to fill it with), for filling in gaps in the concrete on the side of the pool (where the decking meets the top of the pool).

the separations on the side (where the pool coping tiles meet the rock deck) so deck o seal is out I believe. Gaps about... 1/3 to 1/2 of an inch here and there.

i understand that backfill it with backer rod, but how do you choose which concrete filler or which filler material for this side deck meeting areas... And how do you apply it. I was thinking of finding some type of pastry bag and squeeze concrete like you would be adding frosting to a cake but not sure that would work. Thoughts?

I would insert the backer rod and then level the top of the gap with polyurethane caulk. You can get it "sanded" and make it look a bit more like grout but just plain caulk (your choice of colors) will work fine.

Any masonry product will crack.

+1 to using a foam backer to get it up to within 1/2" of the deck and the fill with a self leveling polyurethane caulk. Deck-o-seal and sikaflex make good products for pools. It needs to be able to flex because pools and decks move at different rates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.