Poolvergnuegen Pool Cleaner gets stuck constantly

ssml11

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2014
Miami/Florida
Need help. I've had Poolvergnuegen second gen pool cleaner for about a year now. All great until a few months ago. I have it set to clean 4 hours daily. Almost every single day the mechanism inside the cleaner gets stuck and stops working. I keep having to open the cleaner up, and make sure the internal little windmill plastic pieces are lined up well in their channel. Then I close it up and it would work for another day or two until it stops working again.

At first I thought it was debris, but there really isn't anything inside to cause it to stop. I think it is the little plastic windmill inside that sometimes moves slightly out of place and cause it to get stuck.

Any ideas?

I have the same cleaner for about 3 months so far, the only time it stops is when I have the suction down to far or it gets stuck on my stairs... sounds like something is wrong with yours.. I have never taken mine apart..

here is a parts list just in case

http://www.thepoolcleaner.com/SuctionParts.pdf

So I did a little more digging. It's appears are thought this filter is not very good dealing with sand (granules, not dust). I have certain areas of my patio where there is some sand around landscaping, and when wind blows heavy some little sand rock granules land in pool and cause the cleaner to get stuck.

One solution is to remove all sand from landscaping, but that's too much of a hassle. I will replace it with a nautilus automatic which I have read it is more forgiving picking up this kind of stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.