Albany, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I'm thinking of adding these steps: View attachment 45670 Did anyone not fill them with sand and just attach weights to them? With 60 lbs of sand and water, there would be no way for me to get them out of the pool by myself when it comes time to close.

Also, would you buy them again? I have small children (one just started walking) and I'd like something for them to be able to sit on and get in and out easily.

Thank you!

I had a set like this since 2003.They were great and the biggest problem I had was the old design.Problems with staying together. New design now.Don't think you will have any problems. I would not put the sand in the steps.Alot of ways to hang weights on them.Alot of DIY projects that people have done and works.Search on here and web for more info.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I have the confer wedding cake style. I do have them filled with sand, and it takes two pretty strong people to get them out. It could be easily done if you had one person inside the pool, and one person outside the pool. But by the time i took the steps out the water was in the 60s. I may try to dump out some of the sand this year, and then use weights to counteract the sand i can get out. I would never seal up the holes though, just maybe get them out earlier, with someone in the pool.

View attachment 45674

this is the one I have, i sealed all the holes in it and attached 2 45 pounds weights to it... has worked great.... I took them to a place that does spray on bed liner and had them coated very thick, 8 months later and still no rust..

y40mAJhh.jpg

you can just see them on the sides in this picture.
DmdBqp0h.jpg

you can barely see it between the stairs and side of pool.. all plastic bungee cord :) it goes over the step, through the holes in the weight, over the hand uprights and cliped in the back...

You can kind of see it but it does not matter to me if its seen... it has been that way for 9 months ( don't tell anyone ) I never took the stairs out for winter and also did not put on a cover :)

Just so you know, the 90 pounds of weight is right at just enough weight to keep it down and attaching it to the deck keeps it in place and does not move at all...

here is a shot of the side, you can see kind of see how I ran it..

7oBDEzFh.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I ordered this step plus the add on step to.I like this one because you can adjust the pads on bottom to adjust to floor.The other you have to a have a good flat bottom

Thanks for the tip on the adjustable feet. I think I'll go with this one instead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.