Wanting to build a waterfall

mrcontent

Platinum Supporter
Jan 5, 2013
NSW Australia
Hi guys now that I have my pool sorted I am spending a lot more time in and around it. Have breakfast by the pool a few days each week. One boring I had the robot cleaner running and like the sound of the water when it was rubbing the waterline. It got me thinking, a waterfall would be nice.

Did a search online and came up with nothing in my area. So I thought about building one.

So has anyone built one, What did you use, how did it go?

Any help would be great

Nige

mr,

The concept is pretty simple, but the implementation could be a little harder depending on your layout. All you need to do is install a Jandy (style) valve that interrupts the flow of water back to your return jets. When you turn on the valve it takes the water normally going to your return jets and sends it over to your new waterfall. The more you turn the valve, the more the flow of water to your waterfall.

The problems come in when your equipment pad is surrounded by concrete or deck of some type. Also is there a place the new piping can be buried as it makes its way to the new waterfall. And finally, how to connect the waterfall to the new pipe without having to run a pipe across the top of the deck.

Tell us about your pool's lay out. A couple of pics would be great. One of your equipment pad and one of your pool itself showing where you might want the waterfall located.

If you got the space, it should be a piece of cake.

Jim R.

mr,

You can use whatever local rock that is available as long as it is not some type of sandstone that would be likely to wear away quickly.

But.. I personally believe that whatever you install, it should look like it was intended to be there, not just some pile of rocks that got plopped down next to your pool and looks horribly out of place. If you can make it fit into your landscaping then rocks would work. Otherwise it might be better to build a wall and just have the water come out of the wall.

I suggest you just Google pics of pool waterfalls, there are thousands,and pick what you like.

Keep in mind you can't just run water over some rock.. You need to make sure that all of the water going to your water fall has a way to flow back into the pool.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.