Need to find replacement flanged hose for Intex Pure Spa

billmi

Apr 15, 2013
Florida's Spacecoast
First - THANK YOU! My wife and I had an Intex 18'-10' oval pool for a couple of years, and thanks to a pile of knowledge gathered here, it was sparkling and inviting - and clean and good looking enough that when we sold it, we got back almost half what we'd bought it for.

For the last year we've had an Intex Pure Spa, and have found it to be a great value for its low price. Recently we found our patio to be wet. After draining the spa I spotted a little bit of rust on a hose clamp, and removed the pump cover and pump to find that the black flanged hose connecting the pump to the heater inlet had rotted and cracked on top. It will be a quick and easy fix - if I can find the replacement part. Intex' web site showed me a lot of external parts, but nothing from inside the pump/heater assembly. Searches at local hardware stores and a pool store have come up empty.

Any tips on locating the part would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20160228_081518.jpg
    IMG_20160228_081518.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20160228_090958.jpg
    IMG_20160228_090958.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 73
You'll have to get with Intex, and cross your fingers they will help. Looks like a proprietary part, but I'm not certain it is. Intex is famous for making their own stuff that doesn't cross with anything else out there. Wishing you luck!

Thank you Patrick. I'd already found a parts list on one of their web sites (it seems they have multiple due to how they are distributed) that only listed the while pump assembly with all its fittings, and said that they don't sell it direct - they provided links to their retailers - places like Walmart which didn't carry it.

After more time hunting on the web for the part with no luck this weekend, It occurred to me to try 3D printing a replacement with NinjaFlex (a flexible 3D printing filament). It's a little bit stiffer than the original, but it feels more rugged (the black rubber probably felt more durable before rotting) flexible enough to seal and dampen out pump vibration. We filled it up today, and everything looks good so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20160313_124540.jpg
    IMG_20160313_124540.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 66
I also have the 1 inch diameter clear h/d vinyl hose about four inches long. unfortunately I have exhausted my patience and time trying to call the company (Intex). I am pretty sure that the people answering the phones are in India, it was very hard to understand them and they I......I inquired about getting the replacement hose with the flange, well they do not carry it..............my spa has been in its bag in the garage for three months...........I want to use it but cannot figure out how to make it work without that part. When I asked intex call center about how to fix it, they told me to buy a new spa...............I hate it that we are such a throw away society just really gets under my skin..............other that these two little clear flexible rubber hoses..........it works fine, why would I throw it out for that.......................in any case I am annoyed................has anyone been able to get these replacement hoses? or been able to figure out a way to buy some tubing at home depot/lowes and make it work? I am open to suggestions.....................

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.