New liner pool outside of Boston, FINALLY!!

Congratulations! The liner is lovely. I think you and I communicated briefly in the fall -- my pool build is underway as well and I too live in MA (Concord). You can see pics of my build which I've been posting.

Like you, we're going with a heat pump. While we have natural gas, we have a long driveway leading up to our house, plus the pool is set way back from the house and bringing in a gas line from the street to the pool area would have probably been crazy expensive and nuts. We've been told that the new heat pumps do a really good job and like you, we're not looking to extend the swim season -- just to make it nice and comfortable for what it is. Good luck and I look forward to seeing all the pictures of your pool build.

Bonnie

So today was supposed to be dig day. We ran into a problem. Grrrrrrrr! Crew showed up on time and painted out the pool on the ground. Oh my god does it look small! I know we are putting in a small pool, but it looks like a bathtub. I hope it is bigger than it looks once its done.

oizkb7.jpg

Once the pool was painted it was noticed that the pool steps would be less than 10 feet away from a structure, not meeting with the town code by a foot. I asked how the world this was not noticed. When we had changed the design of the steps to make them more round, per the recommendation of the pool builder and Imperial Pools, it was never put on a CAD to verify that the new steps would still fit within the pool envelope of the setbacks. A CAD was only done for the design of the steps. The original design had squared steps that were much smaller and fit within the pool envelope with 1.5 feet to spare. If this was a gunite pool this would not be a problem. Its a custom polymer pool with custom liner so any change would require new panels and liner. This is where the finger pointing started. A rep from Imperial Pools was on site, as were several people from the pool builders office. It was decided to move the steps more center of the shallow end. New panels are being made, as well as a new liner. The builder and Imperial Pools can decide who has to eat that cost.

So today ended with no dig. Just frustration, and pitiful a small looking pool painted on the dirt. They are now scheduled to start Monday of next week, again.

Here :hug: it sounds like you need that :( So sad for you.

It will work out and you will have a fun pool in your backyard.

Did YOU measure or watch them measure to make sure the paint was the correct size?

Kim:cat:

So I got a call yesterday that the new panel was ready early, and the crew would be out to dig today instead of next week. They did a great job and boy did they move fast. Got the hole dug, put all the panels together and steps, and support cement was poured. Tomorrow the drain goes in, and the fill up to the plumbing line. Next week plumbing, electrical, equipment, liner, and water. Love how it looks in the yard. Yes, it does look bigger with the walls up than just drawn out!

2lntn4m.jpg

9g8pxg.jpg

2j5z0vm.jpg

dm4fuu.jpg

oi8vp4.jpg

zjctv9.jpg

How is the pool coming along?

Pool is coming along just excellent. I will post some pics tomorrow. The poolcrete bottom has been laid down, and electrical work and electrical inspection has been done. Next steps are plumbing, liner and fill, then equipment. I am hoping that all happens over the next few days.

- - - Updated - - -

excellent, and I've also noticed, when you are IN the pool it seems bigger than it looks from the decking

It does look and feel much bigger once you are in it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Liner went in today with fill water!! Just in time for the long hot weekend. Service company is coming tomorrow to show me how to turn it on, and go through the plumbing. I have already started by adding bleach to get 3ppm of FC.

Love the liner color and pattern. Looks amazing in the sun.

244wq6o.jpg

2z4env8.jpg

8vs0li.jpg

sxktjq.jpg

sbpycn.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.