Interpreting Results of Salt Test Strips

YesRushGen

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2008
Suffolk, VA, US
Hi all, I would like advice on how to read the results of the Aquachek Salt Test Strips that optionally come with the TF100 test kit.

I have attached an image which shows how my test results look. As you can see, the white streak completely consumes the strip for a ways up, then only partially consumes the strip the rest of the way.

My question is, do I read the result at A, B, or C?

[attachment=0:2v84texn]salt_test.JPG[/attachment:2v84texn]

Thanks!

Kelly

Attachments

• salt_test.JPG
    salt_test.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 223
Ok, thanks. I was confused because the picture provided by the instructions do not show an upside-down U shape towards the end of the shite streak. It simply shows the white part consuming the full width of the test strip.

I had been using B as my measurement and recalibrated my SWG based on that. Based on this info, I will re-test and recalibrate.

Thanks again,

Kelly

I've re-tested my salt level, and read the peak of the streak instead of the midpoint.

I am measuring 5000ppm of salt. I think I may have overdid it at the beginning of the season. :shock:

My autopilot claims to be able to support "special applications" which require high salt. So, I am assuming that this high level of 5000 will not damage my system in any way. I've seen info in the forums suggesting corrosion of pool equipment - do I need to be concerned about that at this level?

There was this recent post by Jason on the "Water Balance for SWG" thread....

JasonLion said:
I don't reccommend salt me eps over 5000, but that isn't why some SWGs shut down at 4000, or whatever level. Higher salt levels make the water more conductive and the SWG needs to turn down the voltage to compensate. Many SWGs have a voltage they can't adjust below so they have to shutdown to avoid overheating at high salt levels.

I don't know much about them, can't help you here. Sorry!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.