windows with vinyl panes?

Dec 25, 2015
Lake Placid, FL
I have a indoor pool with screened/ vinyl windows. The vinyl has become brittle. Where do you get the vinyl for replacement? Its held on the frame with a u-shaped spline. We would like to be able to replace the bronze film ourselves. Thank you, Peter G.

Peter, are you talking about the screen material? If so I get mine from Lowes. They also have the spline. It is different sizes to make sure to take some of your old stuff with you to match it. Measure you windows to make sure you get wide enough but not too wide.

It is very easy to replace the screen material. Let me know if you need any tips.

Kim

I have not seen the vinyl in stores. My folks had there sun porch redone and they had to have a company come out and do it. Supposedly they have new stuff that lasts longer. Plus there is a special cleaner, you probably have it, the cleans and keeps the material from getting brittle.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a special vinyl material that I have not seen in the DIY stores.

This isn't a screen but an actual vinyl material that acts like a real window for a s sun room.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.