Return Socket

Mar 8, 2016
charlotte, nc
Hi there, does anyone know how to remove the eyeball that I have in the photo. I have tried but the thing does not want to budge! I want to install a slime bag to catch the fine silt I have resting just under the return valve in the pool which I have had no luck in getting out in all the other ways that I have tried:mad: I need to take out the eyeball and socket so that I can screw in the attachment that the slime bag attaches to. Alternatively does anyone know another was of using a slime bag that bypasses this problem. I cant backwash as I don't have a sand filter anymore.

Fiberglass pool
25,000 g
Salt Water
Cartridge Filter (used to have a sand filter)
Duel speed pump
Heater

20140930_185546_resized.jpg

Ok I'm lost. A cartridge filter is going to filter out finer debris than a sand filter so you should have less fine debris in your pool now. Slime bags are designed for sand filters to bring them to cartridge standards. I have my doubts the silt is coming from the return. What filter do you have?

Welcome to TFP!

Seems more likely that you are on the verge of an algae bloom and that is dead algae in the pool. I would do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if your pool is using more chlorine than it should. More here, Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to TFP!

Seems more likely that you are on the verge of an algae bloom and that is dead algae in the pool. I would do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if your pool is using more chlorine than it should. More here, Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

I don't know how to remove that eyeball. Most that I have seen are gnurled on the outer flange and the flange unscrews.

I suggest that you investigate the source of the "silt," especially if it is brownish or khaki-ish. Over the last few days, the "silt" is showing up in ever increasing amounts in my pool. Actually, though, the silt is pollen that is precipitating out in areas where the pool flow slows. A busy pool cleaner and skimmer sock is probably your best defense. It is just "that time of year" and it is a particularly heavy occurrence, I think, due to the very warm temperatures.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.