pool cloudy

ok, the CH is 110...BUT I've really screwed up...how long does it take for the pH up to get mixed. I have rechecked the pH and I must have added WAY TOO MUCH and not the pH is reading 8 and when I did the drops to see how many it takes to bring it down, I added over 90 and stopped to come post.
Now, what do I do?!!!! Do I start adding MA? and checking pH again?

How much did you add?

Remember that you need to give the water an hour to circulate with the pump on after adding a chemical, before testing again. If you test too soon you can get a water sample where the chemical is still very concentrated that hasn't mixed into all of the pool water yet.

Lessons learned...1) don't adjust the water until after you swim unless it is absolutely necessary or you might not get to swim. 2) read twice! and test again if necessary 3) until you've done it over and over, don't guesstimate. 4) let the water circulate for 1 hours or more before you test again. and water right at the surface may test higher and 5) don't panic and start adding chemicals to counteract what you did wrong or you may/will mess up more! and 6) don't read the back of pool chemicals you have left over from BBB....come inside and use the pool calculator to really KNOW what to add.

I guesstimated 3 pounds. I added "some" MA (and may have brought the pH too LOW!-- :hammer: but, I will wait for a hour and test again to see what the level is and will hopefully not make the same mistakes.

Can you tell this is my first spring with a pool. :hammer:

It's been close to two hours since I added anything. Here are my numbers:

FC 10
CC 0
pH 7.6 (I was really surprised)
TA 100
CH 110
CYA 100

WHEW! The pool is still a bit cloudy. What should I do about that? Also, should I adjust my CH up even though it's a vinyl liner?

Thanks for all your help! I love TFP

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.