New Pool Purchase Help - 28'

Mar 9, 2016
Sioux City, IA
Good afternoon - I have been searching this site for a few days now and I think I have made up my mind...but I want to be sure I am going to buy the right pump, filter, and swg.

I have decided on the Sharkline Matrix - 28' - I will dig out a deep end.

I figure I will get the Hayward 24' sand filter - S244T.

The pump - Hayward 1HP 2 Speed - SP15922S

SWG - Hayward aqr-15

Does this seem like the right setup to you guys? I have noticed some of you have much larger pumps on smaller pools - so I am getting confused.

Thanks for you advice - I have really enjoyed reading all the posts.

Welcome to the forum. :wave: I think you have it just about right. Getting a pump too big is a common problem......your's could even be a little bit smaller but it is just fine.

Your filter choice is good, too. Importantly, the filter and pump match well to one another.

Send us some pics either as your doing or after you get it up and running. We all love pics.

I will tell you that the ground the pool is going on is the MAJOR part of putting up the pool. It HAS to level and smooth. It is not as easy to level as just pushing a flat head shovel around and calling it good. There are many videos on youtube show the proper way to level. I will let you look them up and find the one you like the best.

As for how much it will cost to have it done........that changes with regions. Do you know anyone with a bobcat and skills? IF you hire someone make sure to ask for their last three jobs and talk to those people to make sure they do good work.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.