How soon should one dig?

Mar 1, 2016
Orient, SD
I have called my local excavation company he said he would be here next week to level my 50' x 20' area.
Do I and should I than just wait till April to start putting up pool it would let ground settle.
Kinda wanting to wait till April 1st so I can start pumping water in with out temps going to far down, I would run pump if need be.

It should not matter how much time between leveling and install... one thing that might be an issue is rain or runoff messing up your hard work.. remember to dig down so there will not be any "ground settle" needed... do not let them move dirt from high to low ground...

Because your pool should be set up on undisturbed soil you should not have to wait for settling. You should not install the pool over fill. That can cause an issue with the warranty. If you need to you should have the fill engineered and installed in compacted lifts. I would wait until you won't ave any below freezing nights before installing.

One side is ground level than tapers up to 6 in. And now my pool install is on hold till the new roof goes up. My contractor has asked politely if I could wait he needs the room for the tellahandler. Thank goodness it's a one time roof install. So I guess while I wait I will see what a new partial deck will cost. And if it's possible to do a deck in sections as I raise the funds.

Digging down the high side only 6" is no big deal so do it when it's convenient for you. Double check his work and make sure you get an undisturbed, VERY level subsurface for your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.