CircuPool Si-45 Salt System - loud humming noise/vibration coming from control panel

Just installed a CircuPool Si-45 salt system on my 10K gallon pool in AZ, along with all new equipment (Pentair Intelliflo pump, Pentair Quad DE 60 filter, Pentair commercial grade backwash valve, Jandy 3-way valve, and piping). When I turn the salt cell on at the control panel, it's very quiet for the first 4-5 minutes and the control panel shows everything is working correctly. However, after those 4-5 minutes, there's a fairly loud humming noise/vibration coming from the control panel. Anyone have any idea what the issue is, or is this normal? I have the control panel mounted to the side of my house and I can hear it throughout almost all of my house.

I left it running for a full 8 hours and never experienced any warnings (red lights) on the control panel and it is producing the correct amount of chlorine. However, I'm slightly worried about the risk of fire since the humming noise/vibration does not sound normal to me. This is a brand new unit - should I send it back to CircuPool? Any other suggestions?

I'm new to this site and it has so much great information. I've read many of the threads in this forum and everyone is very helpful here so I appreciate the responses in advance!

no noise or vibration from mine.. mine is a SJ45 so different design but should be almost the same...

I just installed the SJ-40. No probs with the control box. Had a leak issue. I was referred to SGS in Arizona by the outfit that I bought the unit from. They are the apparently the manufacturers of the Circupool line. The phone is 480-385-3052....ask for the tech department.

Thanks everyone for the responses - I appreciate everyone's input. I ultimately sent the unit back to the manufacturer in Texas (free shipping paid for by them) and they will be checking it out. Hoping to get it back from them ASAP as I leave next Monday for a two-week trip. Pool will definitely turn green during that time without a SWG! I'll try to update this post once I receive it back from them and if I get an explanation of what was wrong with the unit. Thanks again.

I experience the same humming / vibrating sound. When I took the cover off it was clear that the internal fan was the source. Removing the fan and turning it on did not elicit the humming/vibrating. It turns out there is an external vent slot covered by a mesh screen. The fan 'sandwiches' the screen between the vent and fan. If the screen becomes loose over time the fan blades rub against the mesh creating the sound. In my case I just loosened the fan screens so the fan was not so tight against the mesh and this resolved the issue. If it reoccurs I may relocate the mesh screen to the outside of the vent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.