Chlorine is disapears verry fast

Hello Edwin. According to the Poolmath calculator you appear to be losing about 3.5 ppm each day (50 ml = 1.7 oz of 6% bleach in a 225 gal spa, which = about 3.6 FC ppm). You shouldn't be losing that much FC over 24 hours. 1-2 ppm FC loss per day in a clean spa would be normal. A 25% FC loss is considered reasonable/normal. A loss over 50% indicates some sort of problem. Have you been doing any weekly "shock" treatments by boosting the FC level and help with sanitation? Of course FC loss will also be determined by how much the spa is used. Remember, (with no ozonator), a general rule is that every person-hour of soaking in a hot (104ºF) spa requires roughly 3-1/2 fluid ounces of 8.25% bleach (5 ounces of 6% bleach) or 3-1/2 teaspoons of Dichlor. I was not sure if your FC loss might be because of a large bather load, or if the spa has not been used.

For now, I would shock the spa with bleach since it may be struggling to oxidize the bather waste or something else in the spa. You may want to consider raising the FC up to around 10 ppm and hold it there, adding more chlorine as it drops until you pass an Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT). HERE is a very detailed page with great explanation for spa care.

We have MANY spa users here at TFP, so I'm sure you will receive many more replies to assist. Have a very nice day Edwin.

Yes, we use about 4ppm of chlorine per person hour in the tub. It varies on how clean you are, lotion, swimsuits, sweat, etc. Keep a log of how much chlorine you add after a soak, test 30 min later to make sure there is still FC in the tub. Add more and test again if not. The goal is to add enough FC to oxidize the bather waste AND still have 2 or 3 ppm of FC in the tub the next time you will test and add more. Usually one or two days later. You do not want to allow your chlorine to drop to 0.

More here, How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.