size, shape considerations

38' is plenty for me to to swim laps (ha!). Maybe i should say lap - singular. Ok maybe I string a few together but it is recreational, not for exercise really.

Good point about lap swimming and length Indigo.

Can you swim in a figure 8 pattern? Would that be an infinity pool?

If you chlorinate with liquid chlorine, the cost will be directly proportional to the pool volume. But bleach is pretty cheap. As will other chems. But with the TFPC method, your chemical use will be minimized. Many people run pumps longer than needed so matching your pools needs with pump runtime will keep that to a minimum... So the costs are more, but the fixed costs are probably more than the variable costs

I decided to go with a Full-L steel wall, vinyl liner pool that we will configure into a T-shape instead of an L.
The dimensions will be 18'x40' on the main pool and the shallow end will be 14'x30'. As I said above, we will be using a SWG for our chlorine source. I havent decided on whether i will use a sand filter or a cartridge filter, but that is a discussion for another day.;) (I know that is the subject of debate and preference on what type of maintenance you prefer.) We dont live in an area where water conservation is a matter of regulation, so that isn't my limitation.

I would like to get any advice i can about plumbing the pool well from a design standpoint. I am prepared to use at least 2 skimmers and any returns i need to to get good water movement.

Thanks for the opinions so far!

-Mickey

Pool is finally installed! Fired installer part way through and finished myself. Long journey. Got it filled just yesterday and have electrician coming tomorrow to finish connecting pump and other equipment. Brushing like crazy and have Dolphin S300i running to keep water circulated until then.

FullSizeRender.jpg-6 2.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OH the stories you have I am sure! That was a long road BUT look at what was at the end of it! NICE!

Did you get a good test kit? Did you test your fill numbers yet? Don't bother testing for CYA as it has to be added.

Kim:kim:

I would not use any more of the outdoor bleach. It has thickening agents in it. It will work it's way out with time and filtering so no worries about what has been added.

The green tint is common on a new fill. I forgot to tell/remind you of this fact so you would not worry. Sorry about that :( It will clear up and the true color of your water and plaster will shine through as your water gets balanced.

Now run to the store to get some plain bleach to from now on and show me another pic or 100 of your pretty pool!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.