Chlorine-Free Sun Shock Pool Purifier

Copper ionizer powered by a cheap solar panel. The low output of the solar panel will make it a pretty underwhelming ionizer, and the fact that it is a copper ionizer gives it my stamp of disapproval. If it does manage to put enough copper in your pool to make a difference then you will risk staining the plaster.

Also, the name is really misleading. It implies that this is some sort of chlorine-free sanitizer, which is most certainly is not. It is just another overpriced algae-prevention device that introduces potentially stain causing minerals in to your pool.

Yeah, what Donldson said....

This falls under the category of calcium reducing pipe magnets, solar "enhanced" power crystals, rainbow powered unicorn flatulence and The Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes.....and I think I'd have better luck with winning the sweepstakes....

All kidding aside, Cu does kill algae (and that's about it) but it comes at a cost of larding up your water with metal ions and potentially staining your plaster (most people try desperately to keep metals out of their water). The tiny incremental benefit of adding Cu to your water is completely offset by the HUGE cost of trying to rectify stained plaster. Plus, if you really want Cu ions in your water, it's way cheaper and easier to just throw a few ounces of cupric sulfate algaecide into your pool and not have to deal with the spaceship-like pod floating around in your water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.