New pool Owner from TN

Mar 6, 2016
Lebanon/TN
Hi Everyone!
Checking in from TN. My boyfriend and I bought our house in Fall of 2015 and are new to owning a pool. We have a IG salt water pool 15,200 gal. Pentair Pool equipment. I had the pool company walk me through how to use the equipment but i feel like it was information overload. Hopefully i can gain more insight on here :)
Learned the hard way in October that the trees surrounding the pool are the devil LOL constantly was scooping the pool to get rid of them.
Would like to know if we need to run the pool pump 24/7...any advice would be awesome.
TIA
Anne

pool.jpg

Anne, we're happy you found us. Congrats on the new pool. When you get time, please read the following and keep these references handy as they will serve your pool well chemically:
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
Poolmath calculator
Pool School - Recommended Levels
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Please don't forget the proper test kit as noted below. It is the foundation of water chemistry. Welcome! :wave:
TFTestkits.net
Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Anne! HI! SO glad you found us! Pat has you covered for the "homework". It will take some reading and rereading but once you start using it everything will click!

How about you start a thread over at "just getting started". We will get you started off on the right foot!

Kim