AQR-15 on a timer?

WayneJ

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2011
Beaumont, TX
I have a Hayward VS pump with a built-in timer. I'm installing an AQR-15 SWCG and the instructions say that it should only be on when the pump is running. Is it that important to run the AQR on a separate timer - coordinated with pump run times? Would it be asking for trouble, long-term, to hard wire it without a timer and let the flow switch control it? BTW, an automation panel is out of the question. Thanks!

I would not recommend to hard wire it and have the flow switch control it.. Your just asking for trouble..

an intermatic timer that could turn on and off the pump and SWG at differant times would probably work... I turn my SWG on 5 min after my pump and turn it off 5 minutes before the pump turns off.. you would need to find the correct one for your setup..

you say automation is out but that may be the best option, I went with the Intermatic PE653RC Wireless Control System, at 375 it is more expensive but I really love it... it controls my pump, SWG, and my LED lights all with a wireless remote control that also showes outdoor and pool temps :)

Intermatic PE653RC Wireless Control System for Variable Speed and Two-Speed Pumps - Sump Pump Accessories - Amazon.com

iZP3WKHh.jpg

Jbkh50Lh.jpg

da4XwRXh.jpg

f7b08yMh.jpg

3sLQKWJh.jpg

I also have a VS pump with its own built in timer. My SWG is wired to an old fashioned time clock so I can set the clock to turn the SWG on and off as needed. I run my pump a lot more than I run my SWG so I just make sure to have the SWG set to come on at times when I know the pump will be on.

My SWG is also on a timer. The flow switch was designed as a secondary safety device and was not intended to be the primary control switching for the SWG.

Im with all the others, dont rely on the flow switch.

I do exactly the same thing, for the same reasons pooldv does. The SWG on a timer is e.a.s.y. street.

I also have a VS pump with its own built in timer. My SWG is wired to an old fashioned time clock so I can set the clock to turn the SWG on and off as needed. I run my pump a lot more than I run my SWG so I just make sure to have the SWG set to come on at times when I know the pump will be on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.