pressure gauge

Torsie

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2008
NW Arkansas
This may just be the dumbest question of the day but...... :oops:
The pressure gauge that screws into my filter is broken.
What exactly does it do? If everything is running fine and the water is clear and the Kreepy is working, does it really matter if it's working or not?

There are no dumb questions. All of us had to learn how things worked at some point! :wink:

You want the pressure gauge working so you can tell when the filter is dirty enough that it is time to backwash/clean it. As the filter gets dirtier, the filter pressure will go up. When the pressure rises by perhaps 6 PSI above the pressure reading when the filter is clean, it is time to clean the filter again.

I have the same problem, my pressure gauge is not doing anything, stuck at 60 whether the pump is on or off. Is it a special type of gauge or can I go to HD/Lowe's and just get any gauge. If I take it off water starts coming out, so I can't take it with me.

mvtton said:
I have the same problem, my pressure gauge is not doing anything, stuck at 60 whether the pump is on or off. Is it a special type of gauge or can I go to HD/Lowe's and just get any gauge. If I take it off water starts coming out, so I can't take it with me.

Don't know if Lowe's or HD carry them. Most any farm store will have them for about $4 or you can get them at a pool store for $8-10 typically.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.