Cutting larger intake holes question

Jan 21, 2014
Bartlesville, OK
Hi
I have a newer Intex ultra frame 26 ft round pool with the two small intake holes. I was wondering if I could just cut one of the holes out and put a normal size intake connector and then just close off the other small intake hole? Would this work? And if so how would a guy close off the other intake

Hope this all makes sense?
Thanks

not entirely sure on all the technical stuff, but I do remember seeing this thread, and we enlarged our holes to fit the new valve inlet/outlet set-ups we bought off amazon. Give this a read and see if it answers your question.....if not, post back and I'll see if I can dig up the links of the stuff we bought. I do remember we did it while the pool was filled with water, using a bowl pressed up against the liner from the inside, lol. It worked!!

Cutting Larger Intake Return holes in your Intex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hold on!

Why not do it up right and add a skimmer, and the have multiple returns using the extra holes?
Adding a Hayward Thru-the-Wall Skimmer to Intex Metal Frame Pool (PICS!

This can be done with Intex Deluxe Wall-Mounted Skimmer as well, correct?
Just started considering mods for set up time next year in bigger pool. Practicing cutting holes larger with 8' ESP I drained out yesterday to wrap up the season. Really would like to have larger hoses without bottlenecking them to smaller fittings but I am worried about ruining the pool
:oops:
Just received larger 2500gph pumps to replace the two 530gph ones that were running the LED Sprayers and the 1000gph that ran the pool itself. The difference in the flow was night and day (tested it before I drained pool out) but for the sprayers it was SOOOOO overkill, didn't even get water into pool
:( (going to have to figure that part out still, maybe more sprayers to split the pressure :confused: )

Please feel free to recommend fittings or methods, I'm a complete NOOB and need all the guidance I can get.
Here's my intended set-up if all goes well:
12' x 30" Easy set Pool (waiting pool only
:D , don't want to worry about insurance or added risk of kids/their friends doing something too crazy)
LED Multi-Color Fountain Spayer (x 2)
Intex Filter Cartridge Pump 2,500 GPH (got them on sale so I bought 3, intentions are two running the pool and skimmer and one to run the sprayers)

Thanks in advance!!!
:salut:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.