New Pump Time, Good Choice?

Jun 28, 2013
Augusta, GA
Hey All, my old 1.5 HP single speed pump died last year, and I am about to pull the trigger on this 1 Hp two-speed:

Amazon.com : Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden

Is this a good choice? my pool is about 18k gallons, with a single line feeding the pump from the skimmer. The pull from the 1.5HP would collapse the vaccum line, so Im thinking the 1HP with my 1.5 inch plumbing would be ok. Just looking for a little validation here before I finalize the sale.

--Thomas

Yes, that is a good plan. :goodjob: You'll be able to run that on low speed for the majority of your skimming and filtering needs. It will be quieter and save you a lot of money on your electric bill.

Just a thought, and I'm not a profesional by any means, but here in MD we get a $400 rebate with the purchase of a variable speed pool pump. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but it would be the price of a 2 speed to get a VS. Just a thought. I'm still looking into it though....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.