Stone Scrape Pool Finish- Should I???

auto

Feb 20, 2016
Dallas
Obviously new here. Just starting the pool, excavation and forming is complete. Have looked at several surfaces and the pool designer/builder is recommending a Stone Scrape Finish- The builder is touting this as superior finish requiring less maintenace (brushing) and it does look good when viewed at other customer sites. The question, $5200 seems a little high to me? Thoughts?

How big is your pool? Is that the total cost or how much it would be to upgrade? Depending on your pool size, that proce might be in line with what I've found. We will be going with Stonescapes Tropics Blue which is one of the higher end mixes because it already has abalone mixed in, plus it has a non-standard mix of red, green, and blue pebbles mixed in.

I think the concensus around here is that pebble is a longer lasting product if cared for properly, and it doesn't have the same negative mottling tendencies as quartz, as long as it's installed well. It is rougher though, so you have to decide if you're ok with that.

How big is your pool? Is that the total cost or how much it would be to upgrade? Depending on your pool size, that proce might be in line with what I've found. We will be going with Stonescapes Tropics Blue which is one of the higher end mixes because it already has abalone mixed in, plus it has a non-standard mix of red, green, and blue pebbles mixed in.

I think the concensus around here is that pebble is a longer lasting product if cared for properly, and it doesn't have the same negative mottling tendencies as quartz, as long as it's installed well. It is rougher though, so you have to decide if you're ok with that.

The roughness is not a concern. Pool Size is 36x14, and I was looking at tropics blue also, the $5200 was the upgrade prices. I am all about longevity for the price.

The roughness is not a concern. Pool Size is 36x14, and I was looking at tropics blue also, the $5200 was the upgrade prices. I am all about longevity for the price.

Our pool is a 116' perimeter, 38'x30' freeform L pool. I was quoted $6612 total for Tropics Blue with no extra shells, $450 more for an extra bag of hand cast shells at the end. This includes the pool prep/cleaning and all the fittings. This isn't the cheapest I found, but the company I feel most comfortable with. I am working directly with them as well, so maybe that helps. I will also get a 5% discount if I pay cash.

My PB quoted:
Stonescapes Pebble Finish (pool& spa) - $5785.00 RECOMMENDED
Remove and replace all returnfittings (pool & spa) - $180.00 we choseAqua White/bag of shells no charge

Replace drain cover per code(pool & spa) - $100.00

Post Resurface Startup - $395.00
This process is very critical tothe stability of your new pool surface. We use a variety of chemicals andbrushing to make sure the surface cures properly. I will not warranty the newsurface unless this process is done by us.
Clean filter - $120.00
This will need to be done beforecompletion of job to ensure that all filter elements are in good shape.
Of course the title,coping and decking are all separate pricing

15k gals 90ft perimeter
plaster-stonescape aqua white, buff leuders coping, Verona Borba Turquoise w/Borba Turquoise Deco

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.