Ice out in upstate ny!

We open the first week of May up here towards Chicago. We have to watch the maples dropping their buds everywhere and also that some of the flowering tree's starting to dump.

Up here in my neck of Chicago, I shoot for April 15 (silver lining on a nasty day...). The exact open depends on the weather as I use rainwater for fill. I just can't wait until May to see my water again! I may not swim, but I love to look!

Uh...yeah...good luck with that! Somehow I just sense you're tempting Mother Nature too much, and she will do all she can to upset those plans. :bowdown:

Could very well be the case ...... but i am hoping to ice fish this Sunday March 6th and then open my pool on Saturday March 12th ...... after the 6th the forecast is lows in the high 30's and highs in the 50's and 60's. I figure if i get a cold night or two i will just run the pump.

I was lazy in the fall and the water is green so I need to get it open and sparkly again :cool:

db70acc50e60991f7c70690c4ecb3cbe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've had a terrific warm several days around here - hi temps in the upper 70s...when our daughters got home from school yesterday - they went for the first swim of the season! I think they are just crazy - water temp is 67! But their smiles reinforce that this is the best $ we have ever spent! Our build finished up in late August last year, and we chose to leave it open. Worst part of that was all the leaves. But after that the water chemistry has been so easy!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.