Thanks...

taekwondodo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
This site is invaluable.

When we got our pool, I thought I knew what I was doing - I mean, after-all, when I grew up we had a pool and in college, I cleansed pools (I WAS the pool-boy). As time progressed on our backyard piece-of-art, we started having more and more problems... and providing more and more money out of my wallet to Leslie's than I ever should have.

This site - in the course of a weekend - has proven invaluable for the DIY-er: and that's definitely me!

Thanks again,

- Jeff

p.s., now, if I could just find another similar site for lawn-care and get those Dang yellow patches taken care of...

I agree wholeheartedly, this site SAVED ME 2 years ago, and I mean that. So it's nice to be able to "pay it forward" and help others who find themselves in a similar situation. It's why I became a TFP Lifetime Supporter and why I stuck around...and eventually became a Mod. I just LOVE TFP, and everyone here! :goodjob:

+1 from me

My neighbor just had his pool drained and refilled due to high CYA, then the pool company gave him di-chlor to use when he shocks his pool.

I told him of the site hopefully he will log on and check things out. Right Jeff?

dave

I agree I love this site! Now if I can just get a certain online friend of mine to pop in here. She wanted to know why her AGP was still green after she "shocked" it. This without the pump hooked up! :shock: I have been telling her about this site, but no cigar.

She insists hubby wants to do it his way, take water sample to the pool store and put what they tell them to in the pool. :hammer:

@taekwondodo - yellow patches... :D
I always mulch and only bag every 3rd/4th time when cutting. I have two ******* and they left rings everywhere as I'd cut too short then the ammonia in their tiddles caused burns with the sun on it all day. By leaving the lawn a little longer, the ammonia sinks down and the sun will just dry the top half of the grass (if watered every other day). Plus the water sits at the bottom of the blades taking the harshness out of the pee mark.
By mulching you are chucking all the good nutrients back on the lawn and the shavings help hide the yellow burns/grass gone areas. In a few weeks, the grass should look really good as the ammonia patches get a chance to recover...

just FYI as I don't know of any grass forums...

dannyboy said:
@taekwondodo - yellow patches... :D
I always mulch and only bag every 3rd/4th time when cutting. I have two ******* and they left rings everywhere as I'd cut too short then the ammonia in their tiddles caused burns with the sun on it all day. By leaving the lawn a little longer, the ammonia sinks down and the sun will just dry the top half of the grass (if watered every other day). Plus the water sits at the bottom of the blades taking the harshness out of the pee mark.
By mulching you are chucking all the good nutrients back on the lawn and the shavings help hide the yellow burns/grass gone areas. In a few weeks, the grass should look really good as the ammonia patches get a chance to recover...

just FYI as I don't know of any grass forums...

I think the problem is that several years ago when the seed was put down, the dirt wasn't prepared properly throughout the yard (this isn't pet related - as these patches are irregular, several feet in diameter and have been in the same place for the last several years (pretty much since the grass was seeded)) - I just fired my gardener of eight years and am mowing (with mulching) it myself now with the blade almost as high as it will go. I know its getting water - heck, I use the most on my block and wish I didn't...

I'm thinking of laying down some good composted manure on top and hoping the worms take it down into the ground - and turn the dirt underneath these areas into soil...

Stay tuned - layer one goes down this weekend (once I finish wiring up my new SWG).

- Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.