Ditching a Pool Frog system that is......questions....

Sep 19, 2007
N. AL
When we had the pool built in Sept. 07 we had a Pool Frog Mineral thing plumbed in line with the pool. We did not get a new cartridge last year as I read more about it and decided I did not want the "minerals" in my pool water. Do I need to cut it out or can I jsut not put a cartridge in it? The PB said I could just leave it but not add a cartridge, does anyone know if this is correct? It is plumbed right after the heater, salt cell, then the Frog, then the pool. Hubby really has nodesire to cut it out though it probably would not be a problem and the PB said it was not necessary. Just wanted to make sure it was ok to have it inline still with no cartridge.

I did a similar thing when we got our pool. We have a Nature 2 system, pretty much the same premise as a Pool Frog, as it adds minerals. I took the cartridge out and let it be. I figure that one day, if it decides to leak or something, I'll take the whole thing out. Until then though, it isn't hurting anything by sitting there with water being pumped through it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.