Newbie in Lafayette

Feb 11, 2016
Lafayette
Been here for a little while reading posts stumbled across this wonderful place on accident. Wish I would have found it this time last year. I wouldn't have the mess I have. Little back ground on the pool. Pool was installed in 1999. We bought house in 2009 pool was a mess. 1st thing I did was add a sand filter to replace the cardrige filter. Pool was great no problems until 2012 work was real busy couldn't keep up the pool hired pool guy highly recommended by everyone in the neighbor hood. That was the first mistake. He convinced us part of our problem with using so much chemicals was leaching into the cement. (He called it something else) needed to be Re surfaced. Gave us two options paint the pool or recoat the pool. Second mistake we went the the paint. Told us resurfaced would be arond 8k painting 3500 to 3800. We picked the 3800 dollar option. He painted it. guy did a terrible job. Still could see streaks and pool looked 3 toned. Came out touched up made it worse. After a couple of attempts to make it right. Never would return my call so we gave up. Told all my neghbors went on gogle earth researched all the houses in my area and there was a lot with pools. Made fliers wirh pictures of my pool and my experince with him and delivered them door to door of houses wirh pools about a hunded or two in my neighborhood word got around and found other people were having small problems. Helped them make up there mind. Well he is out of busines. We went back to maintaining the pool. Fast forward to last year. We fought the pool and fought it bad. Finally with my work and kids life in general. We just stopped maintaining it. I ended up with cancer going through treatments told wife we will get it straight.

Enough of that. Any questions I will can answer to help you help me just ask.

So now I have an 18000 gallon cement pond. I want to clean it. Bought the recommended test kit with auto stirrer and I have it in my possession now.

I am getting better on treatments about a month till I am finished. Out of work so we might sell the house and move closer to family or if we stay still want s nice pool. Weather is getting better so try to get a plan together. Want to recoat the pool but don't have the 8000 dollars to do it so I guess I will paint.

Wow one **** of an intro. Sorry can't sleep mind wanders. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Thanks for introducing yourself, we are glad to help where we can. If you would please update your location in your profile to include the state, as some of our advice is based on factors such as climate and local conditions, and it helps to know if if you are in Lafayette, Indiana or Lafayette, Louisiana, or some other Lafayette.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.