Waterfall rocks leaking and pool level dropping questions

Apr 14, 2013
henderson, nevada
I have 2 questions

1. When we turn on our waterfall some water leaks out of the back slightly. What can I use to seal those leaks?

2. Our water level in the pool has been lowering by about 7" in 10 day period. I don't see any leaks around the pool or equipment. How do I figure out if this is normal
Or not? Or if I have a leak?

You should be able to go online to your property taxing authority, appraisal district, to see what year the pool was built. Depending on how the mortar joints in the waterfall look I might be tempted to knock out any loose mortar and re-mortar it. If it looks pretty good and just needs a little touch up you can use some A/B pool epoxy to push into any cracks.

7" in 10 days is a lot. It isn't even hot yet. Get a 5 gallon bucket, put a rock in it and out it on a pool step. Fill it to the same level level as the pool. Keep an eye on it for 4 days or a week and see if the pool goes down faster. And don't run the waterfall to eliminate that as a leak source.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.