Stamped Concrete Sealer!

NCSalt

Apr 26, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Does anyone have experience with stamped concrete? We are looking to re-seal ours and are wondering what sealer to use. Also we have a fabricated stone waterfall and since we converted to SWG we also want to seal it, can we use the same sealer?

Here's a link to a previous thread.
concrete-sealers-non-slip-additives-t7583.html

I have stamped concrete and love the look of it. It does tend to get a little slippery for bare feet when wet. I would absolutely recomment going heavy on the non-skid when you apply it. It doesn't really change the appearance and it does need some added texture.

This sealer does give a glossy/shiny appearance. I'm sure it would protect your stone waterfall, but not sure if you'd like the glossy finish. It might make it look a little fake. I think you might try to find a different sealer for the stonework. Something that soaks in and just makes the water bead up and run off. I['m sure someone else will chime in soon too.

Jim

Thanks Belldiver!
I will take a look at the link you provided, and I appreciate you pointing out that the shine would make the waterfall look "way to fake"...I will use on that what you've suggested to keep it rather matte looking.

Cheerio!

We seal our textured concrete (trowled, not stamped) every year with Glaze ‘N Seal Multi-Purpose Clear Sealer and it works very well. It is a little slippery or shiny for a couple of weeks, but then settles down to a nice looking finish that preserves the life of the concrete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.