Help! Salt warning light on Aquapod

May 6, 2015
Knoxville, TN
Any help would be greatly appreciated! My low salt warning light came on my Hayward Aquapod 2 days ago. I went to get a water sample checked by my local pool store and was told that it was very low and that I needed to add 4 bags of salt. The warning light is still flashing (almost 24 hours later). Do I need to have someone from the pool company come check the SWG cell or am I missing something? Thanks!

What salt reading does the pool store say you have? Many pool store test results are inaccurate but not sure how the salt tests fare there. Personally I would pick up a Taylor salt test (not strips, but a drop test) and see where you stand salt wise. Your own testing is always better than a store's where they *want* you to have problems to buy supplies from them to fix....amiright?? ;)

How is your chlorine level? Is the cell still producing? If the salt level is too low (or the water too cold) it won't. If you're thinking it may be too cold for the cell, just turn it off and use liquid chlorine to chlorinate until it warms up. By then you could have your own accurate test and deal with it.

There is an accurate salt test that is a "strip" (at least in shape) that I find commonly available at Lowes. But also available at tftestkits.net. It isn't a typical unreliable color strip.

I'd want my own reading over the pool stores. It may take a bit longer for pool salt to dissolve. I hope you did a lot of brushing. I added 150 lbs of food grade non iodized granulated salt yesterday and with brushing, my low salt indicator went off in about 30 minutes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.