Owner Builder Plumbing/Lighting

Feb 28, 2016
Tulsa, OK
Hi all,

Been reading the site for a while and have seen some great advice, hoping to get some feedback on circulation/lighting setup.

Suction Side - Skimmer on 2" line and dual main drains on separate 2" line.

Return Side - Planning 4 return jets with single 2" return line, 4 hydrotherapy jets (10 gpm each) on single 2" return line and waterfall (50 gpm) on single 2" return line.

Plumbing for possible future installation - I'm looking to stub out suction and return lines for the possible addition of a spa in the future, the spa would be 7'x7'. Does one suction line and 1 return line suffice or would 2 of each be preferable, 2.5"?

Lighting - I have two Intellibrites for the pool but am debating the best location for the lighting. The lights can either go at each end or on either side of the step/seat inlet (red boxes).
image.jpg

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool.

Suction and return are good. I don't know for sure on the spa. The lights should face away from seating areas, the house and swimming lanes. So, each side of the steps is good if the house and seating is at the bottom of the drawing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.