concrete stains

MEvan said:
try to leach them out with absorbic acid. Do it in a small area first. I dont recomend this if your concrete is dyed.

I believe he's talking about giving the concrete some color on purpose.

Staining seems to be weird. I'm a structural engineer and recently did a project that was going to have several thousand sf of stained concrete. We had all of these hoops to jump through with our design. The contractor ignored all of it and did the concrete the usual way. The stain contractor said no big deal, they'd adjust their procedures and it would still work without a cost change. Huh, well why did we jump through all of those hoops then? I say all of that to say that it seems like voodoo science, but when done correctly it sure looks nice. I haven't a clue if it's a DIY thing or not. You can probably find a concrete contractors board out there somewhere and get some good info.

stage759 said:
Does anyone have experience wit staining your concrete pool deck? I need some ideas on what product to use and if it is a do it yourself project
Are you talking about doing an "acid stain" on a brushed concrete pool deck and wondering if it will 'take' and hold up to the pool chemicals? If so, the best people to talk to are those in a concrete factory or supplier (yellow pages :?: ).
They will know if someone has done it, what it takes, and how often it has to be re-sealed.

Terry in NC

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.