New Intermatic T104M

Hello all!

So the Intermatic timer installed quit working. Not sure how old it was cause I bought it with the house but the gears were rusted up and were no longer turning but it has run perfectly fine for the past 2 years I have been in my home. I assumed the gears seized up so I purchased a new T104M from Home Depot. Switched the unit out, exactly wired how the old one was. Switched on, pump turned on, assumed everything was fine. Couple of hours later, I checked and noticed the dial had not moved. Investigated further, the dish was seated correctly but I noticed the gears were not turning through the window. Checked the voltage getting 120 each on line and load wires. Pump is powered by 220v. Right now I am completely stumped and any help would be greatly appreciated! Anybody ever dealt with something like this?

There are two white little wires that come from behind the time clock, and should connect to the #1 and the #3 posts. Those by the way should be the line connections (power to the unit). Those two wires power the timer motor. There should also be a sight window through to the back of the time clock where you can see the gears for the timer, and confirm that the timer motor is working. There are also on and off trippers that you need to attach to the yellow wheel. But i'm assuming you did that.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, both the white wires are attached to the #1 and #3 posts. I have the line from the power box screwed into post #1. In post #2 is the load wire going to the pump. I also have the jumpers connected. The pool pump powers on just fine. For some strange reason the timer gears are not moving?

Problem solved. Thanks pool clown! After reading your last post it got me thinking and then I realized the old timer model and it was T103 which is a 120v timer. Went to Home Depot and exchanged out the 104 for the 103 and installed it this morning. Working perfectly! Whoever ran the electric at my house only ran one 120v wire to the pool pump off a 220v breaker, so this is why I assumed I needed the 104 cause of the 220v breaker.

And thanks Texas Splash for the videos. I did see those videos beforehand and I have been a subscriber to your channel for quite sometime now. All top notch sir!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.