How to disconnect a underwater pool light?

Sep 24, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
I am getting ready to open up my pool. My question is in regards to the underwater light. Ever since we had the pool installed in 2003 the light has not worked properly. The last 5 years I have not used it due to that fact. My question is what can I do to uninstall or close it up? It seems to be a soure for algae growth, etc. I feel very uncomfortable with the electric still hooked up to it since it has never worked properly. Any help will be greatly appreciated. It is a Aqua Lumin II Nicheless Light.

I don't know of anything you could easily do to cover over it, but if you want the power disconnected that's a pretty easy step. Turn off the breaker, open the light junction box (near the poolside behind where the light is installed. Usually a black box with two gray pipes going up into it), disconnect the wires and cap them with wire nuts.

That light is pretty easy to swap bulbs in. I'd be inclined to figure out what is wrong and get it working. If somebody would fall in the pool at night, it could be pretty difficult to help them without a pool light

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.