Pool spa dropping water level

Feb 26, 2016
Florida
I replaced a check valve a year ago because a serviceman told me it was not working. They also took off the water jet covers and said that I had s leak at the skimmer. It was fixed. About 3 months later , the spa started to do the same thing. Could the check valve be the problem again? I paid over $250 to deal with it already. Is the set up proper , or should I reposition the check valve Is it in a proper position being at that height.

Is the check valve set up at your common return? If it is remove the check valve see if the gasket is broken. ( need to know what kinda check valve it is) If gasket is broken it's no good.

Check the valve where the check valve door shuts to, see if there is build up or excess junk or glue that you would have to scrape off so the check valve can seal.

Do you have actuators? if the actuators are open just even the slightest that will also cause your spa to drain.

So the valves to spa return and spa suction has to be closed. If all of that is good then it could be your valve diverter. The diverter in your 3 way valve act like a door closing off one side

causing the water to go to the open route.

P.S If you have a chlorinator plumbed before your check valve and your check valve isn't chemical resistant then It's not going to last long. That chlorine chlorine will eat it up. Gwegan is right a picture would make it so much easier to help with

your problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.