Concerned after rain

Did you PB add any CYA? Did they say what they were going to do about the low PH and TA?

Here is a link for you BUT PLEASE share it with your PB as HE holds the warranty card!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Show him your test kit and the print out of the start up page. Most PB are not used to PO that know anything about a pool and testing. Some have been very open to letting the PO take over when they see they know what to do.

That IS a very pretty pool!

Kim:cat:

Did you PB add any CYA? Did they say what they were going to do about the low PH and TA?

Here is a link for you BUT PLEASE share it with your PB as HE holds the warranty card!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Show him your test kit and the print out of the start up page. Most PB are not used to PO that know anything about a pool and testing. Some have been very open to letting the PO take over when they see they know what to do.

That IS a very pretty pool!

Kim:cat:

I spoke to the PB regarding the chemistry. He recommended hiring a service to maintain the pool chemistry during the first few months because that is the most crucial time. He did not recommend taking water to places like Leslie's (he once owned his own pool service company as a side business to the construction company) because they don't make money unless they sell you chemicals and you never leave without them trying to sell you hundreds of dollars of chemicals.

So, the warranty isn't specific on methods. What do I need to go buy today to have on hand? Bleach, borax, muriatic acid, etc. We do want to add borates (that is the Borax, correct?).

I will also look at the Excel spreadsheet I downloaded and see what it says as well.

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.