intex 18' on grass or prep soil?

Feb 26, 2016
Central FL
I have a nice bahia lawn. Should i pull up the grass for the pool and apply sand to level and i bought a gorilla pad to go under.

So questions is install over grass or no? I am in Florida so i have no plans on moving or taking it down for winter..

and should i set pavers under each post and pumps?

Also the 18' is it actual 18' feet round or closer to 19?

If i remove the grass i plan on doing an extra foot around it and apply pavers or crushed stone or rocks around it so i dont need to weed eat the grass around the pool.

Should i hard install the pipes or use the flex hose that came with the intex?

You need to remove the grass and level the ground to a solid base and the add sand and pavers. Pavers are very important so the pool feet do not sink into the ground. Whether you hard plumb or use the flex is strictly a personal preference but if you are upgrading the pump/filter, you'll want to hard plumb.

Yeah, in a perfect world grass would always be fluffy and soft, but we know better. Not only can your grass hide little treasures like sharps rocks, sticks, or trash, some grass & weeds are extremely aggressive. In our area we have a lot of nutgrass which likes to grow through just about anything. THIS THREAD has lots of great examples and pics to AGPs you might like to see.

I think that Intex's instructions are meant to be quick, easy and temporary. Setting it up for one season like that will work fine in most cases. Dead, decaying grass also stinks. The posts set on the ground will eventually start to sink into the ground. The Intex flex hoses will last a couple of years before they start to crack and leak.

Many people can and do get many years of service out of their Intex pools by taking a few extra steps for a more permanent installation.

I have a nice bahia lawn. Should i pull up the grass for the pool and apply sand to level and i bought a gorilla pad to go under. Yes

So questions is install over grass or no? I am in Florida so i have no plans on moving or taking it down for winter.. NO

and should i set pavers under each post and pumps? YES

Also the 18' is it actual 18' feet round or closer to 19? 18

Should i hard install the pipes or use the flex hose that came with the intex?
Your preference, lots of folks hard plumb with good results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.