Insurance & Diving Boards

Re: Diving Boards

When I bought my house, Farmers said I had to take it out, along with all of the other Insurance companies we went to. We have a 40x20 with a 12 foot deep end, and it still didn't matter. I had always had USAA, but I live in Florida and when we moved they wouldn't cover the new house.

Re: Diving Boards

Wow, 12' and they all asked you to remove a diving board? I thank my lucky stars I've been fine so far with my 8.5 diving well. I actually think in some ways, having a diving board with a proper-sized well is safer than NOT. It clearly communicates WHERE to dive from...and visitors who don't get it are asked to kindly ONLY use the diving board. Side diving can be dangerous ;)

A few years back when we were looking at building our pool I called USAA also as thats who we have to understand the potential costs...and as I recall from memory a few years old. I was expecting a huge "oh a pool" here is a super high rate or we won't cover such an item. They didn't ask about diving boards and only the value of the pool, in the event it got wiped out from a hurricane or other disaster. The personal liability coverage is what would be used in the event of any personal/human accidents. We doubled that value over what we had for a very low cost and off we went to build. We could also get an umbrella coverage for events that would exceed the liability for a reasonable cost.

One of our neighbors bought a trampoline for their kids. Their insurance agent happened to drive by, saw the trampoline, and immediately cancelled their homeowners policy..... :brickwall:

More and more folks are using Google Earth (and similar) to peer over your fence to see what you are doing. Our mortgage broker (250 miles distant) described, in detail, our neighborhood, having digitally walked through the neighborhood and peered over ours and the neighbor's the fence.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
More and more folks are using Google Earth (and similar) to peer over your fence to see what you are doing.
I called a pressure washing company last year to get the driveway/patios pressure washed. He just pulled up Google Earth and calculated the footage and gave me a quote on the phone without coming to the house....

Another thing folks may not realize is that insurance companies utilize centralized shared databases for both policyholders and houses. They can see previous claims you have made, even with other companies and can see claims made against your house, even by previous owners.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.