New build in Cucamonga, CA

17 x 36 with baja step (approx. 7' x 12'). 3 1/2' to 7' deep. 8' spa...We have had several pool contractors come out and give us prices. All of them have changed the design a bit but the size of pool has stayed the same. From top of pool area to back of house there is a 6' slope. The drawing I posted has 18" pony wall around back and sides of pool and 36" pony wall with steps at front of pool. Also have 6 pillars with lights around pool. I have a big family so want lots of room around pool for lounge chairs and table. After getting a few prices, we are thinking of a DIY pool/spa. Not sure yet. Any advice is appreciated.:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3383.jpg
    IMG_3383.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_3384.jpg
    IMG_3384.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_3390.jpg
    IMG_3390.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 210
That looks like a beautiful plan and a nice, spacious back yard. I'm wondering if the drawing is deceptive, but the deck space doesn't look overly large after putting several chaise and a table/chairs. The area in front of the steps will likely stay open as a foyer to the pool. And the chaise take up a lot of room. With the angles and planting areas, you do lose a lot of space to spread out...though they are fantastic looking. Have you laid this out with garden hoses or spray paint and chairs to test out the deck size? We also have walls surrounding our pool and did go big on the deck. My goal was to have plenty of area for the kids to "be kids" while still having room for those relaxing to be unaffected. So walkways needed to remain open with all lounge chairs in place. Just a few thoughts.

I'd suggest listing out your equipment and any other details you have to get the most bang for your TFP buck regarding comments/advice. And welcome!! :handwave:

Pool in progress. Rebar and rough plumbing is done and gunite is being done on Wednesday. We are going to have brushed concrete for deck (thinking to add more to back and front areas) but not sure about coping. Either cantilever or Travertine 24" pavers. I want to have a light color tile, white/ivory (to match what I have inside house) with glass tile accents. Any advice would be appreciated. Having trouble uploading photos...working on it

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.